Built in 1950 during the peak of the post war building boom, the Ridgeview Motel of Willamette City was in the center of the lucrative timber industry. Located midway between Westfir and Oakridge it was the halfway point between the two lumber mills. The motel was named after the mountain ridge that surrounded the area. In 1972 the city of Oakridge annexed the unincorporated Willamette City.
Over the years the mills downsized and eventually all shut down completely, which left Oakridge in a somewhat depressed state. The Ridgeview Motel sold several times during the slow period due to the staggering economy.
Because of the beauty of the area in the middle of the Willamette National Forest and all it has to offer, Oakridge is branded "The Center of Oregon Recreation". The area now has a new image that continues to grow.
In August 2005 Bill Siemon purchased the Ridgeview Motel. When he was painting the front of the building , the patrons at the restaurant across the street, joking about the fact that he was painting it blue and the visible fact that he should have worn a belt to hold his pants up better , nicknamed it the "Blue Moon Motel". Bill wanted to rename the motel after his pet wolf dog Timber, so an old friend came up with Blue Wolf Motel. In March of 2008 the name was officially changed to The Bluewolf Motel.
Single Queen Room $59.00+ tax / Single King Room $64.00 + tax / Queen and Twin Family Room $64.00 + tax
Queen & Double Twin Suite $74.00 + tax / Double Queen Suite $74.00 + tax